Internationally renowned companies confirm: in Santa Catarina, the environment is fully favorable to business, to starting with easy access to markets with high potential for growth.
In addition, the state brings together ideal conditions for private investments, such as: qualified labor, legal security for projects, tax incentive policies, robust infrastructure and logistics, and life quality indexes above the national average.
Santa Catarina also stands out for its solid industrial bases, concentrating activities with advanced technologies and offering a wide range of suppliers.
GDP 2013: US$ 2.246 trillion
GDP per capita 2013: US$ 11,208.08
Exports 2014: US$ 225.1 billion
Imports 2014: US$ 229 billion
Estimated population (2015): 6,819,190
Area (km²): 95,733.978
Monthly nominal household income per head of resident population in 2014: R$ 1,245 (1)
Number of Municipalities: 295
(1) Source: IBGE, Research Board, Labor and Profit Coordination, Continuous National Research by Sample of Residences in 2014.
POTENTIAL OF THE DOMESTIC MARKET
SANTA CATARINA’S CGP PER CAPITA IS ARPIMD 10% ABOVE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE.
Number of formal jobs in the state in 2014: 2,273,933 (5.56% of Brazilian jobs)
Average salary of professionals with higher education: R$ 3,846.64
SANTA CATARINA STATE COMPARED TO COUNTRIES
GDP: US$ 123 billion
Value in 2008, greater than total GDPs of three countries: Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia in the same year
Area similar to that of countries like Ireland, Portugal, Austria and Hungary
Greater number than Norway or New Zealand
ENVIRONMENT FAVORABLE TO BUSINESS
Through tax incentives, strengthening of strategic area, investments in innovation and training of work force, the Government of Santa Catarina State stimulates projects in the most varied of sectors.
PRODEC: 48 months’ grace period for 75% of ICMS and ICMS reduced after grace period and Pro-employment – local and import incentives.
Construction of 12 innovation center, strategically located in central regions.
Santa Catarina é o estado com maior transparência nos julgamentos administrativos tributários.
Fonte: Núcleo de Estudos Fiscais da FGV – NEF FGV/Direito
ASSESSMENT OF ENTREPRENEURS AND EXECUTIVES
KEY DIFFERENTIATING POINTS THAT LEVERAGE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE STATE
- 75% notice development
- Main agents indicated: joint participation of public administration, intermediary agencies and private initiative.
- 68% indicate private investments as the main driver of development in Santa Catarina
- Level of demand of the internal market
- Investments from other states and countries
- Innovation in industries
- Tax incentives and ease of access to credit
- Recognition and prestige of brands (companies) in the state on other markets
- Entrepreneurism as a strong characteristic in Santa Catarina
- Decentralization of business activity in the state